Monday, January 9, 2012

My Witness is the Empty Sky

TIDE | San Diego : :  6.6 high at 8:32am and -1.1 low @ 3:35pm | SD Big Bay Sea Temp. 59°
Moon Phase : :  Full Moon on the wane 
Retrieval Speed : :    crawl       |     slow    |     medium     |   fast
As the freezing moon slowly loosens its' grip on the night the suns warm glow illuminates everything in her path. Mundane objects like channel markers shed their dull existence just for a brief moment in time. This is the "magic hour" when night becomes day and slumbering fish become active. I caught six of the eight bass this morning from 6am to 7:30am. I had great conditions on the water today, perfect drifts and winds.

Over thanksgiving break my dad showed me how to make some epoxy teaser flies. We made them to match perfectly to my go to bass swimbaits. My first two fish I caught on the top teaser fly and my third fish was a double header. Its a different feeling that's hard to describe when you tie your own fly and catch fish on it.

The last few years I have tried to design my life to avoid the lull of domesticity and to escape the drudgery of everyday life by being on the water as much as humanly possible.
......................................................................................................................................................................................









No comments:

Post a Comment