Tuesday, November 27, 2012

seasonal | migration 12

Homeward Bound & Back {Philadelphia PA > Lewes DE > San Diego CA}


Fall on the east coast has a magical quality about it. All my physical senses trigger a heavy nostalgia that evokes primitive emotions from my past. Cool, crisp air fills your lungs with every breath while my eyes dilate in the presence of vibrant flashes of color around every corner. The distinctive smell of fire emitting from brick fireplaces reminds my body of the numbing cold. Graffiti covers everything in arms reach and beyond. Rough neighborhoods with no police in sight keeps you on your toes but allows you a freedom that safer suburbia can't. 

Life keeps moving forward but my east coast friends and family are always there for me. There are parts of the east coast that are undeniably embedded in my physique that I love to my core while living out west has its own mystique that I love as well. Seasonal Migration at its best. 
..................................................................................................................................................................










No comments:

Post a Comment