Friday, July 11, 2014

Hand Plane : : Session Redeemer

"Session Redeemer"
Sometimes to get a good Surfing Session it feels like the planets have to be perfectly aligned. Unlike other sports we rely heavily on specific conditions. There usually is only a short window when the tide is perfect, wind is not an issue and the swell direction is the right angle for your beach. Then if your lucky to get nature on your side your next big hurdle will be the crowd. Even if the surf is epic, too big of a crowd or aggressive/bad energy in the water can ruin your session. Since I started body surfing with these hand planes the last few years I always keep one in my jeep with my fins. If my surf session is starting to go south I get out fast before it ruins my day. I go to my jeep and put my surfboard away and switch to the hand plane. I love walking past the crowded surfers down to "swimming only zone". Life is different on the other side of the "Black Ball" flags. Its like the analogy of a fish living in a Protected Wildlife Refuge. Your safe from the daunting crowds and bad attitudes and now you can truly enjoy the surf. I call it the "session redeemer".

CAPTURE SETTINGS : : GoPro HERO3+ {Black Edition}
Simultaneous Video and Photo mode, allows you to simultaneously capture both Videos and Photos. I set the camera to take a photo every 5 seconds while I record Video. After your sessions is over it's always interesting to check out how the footage and images came out. With no LCD view finder on the back you are essential shooting blind. Sometimes you get lucky and pick up subtle glimpses of magic.
.............................................................................................................................................................................









No comments:

Post a Comment