Tuesday, April 3, 2012

They are Under the Birds

TIDE | San Diego : : Tuesday 4/3/2012 | 5.2 high at 7:20am and -0.2 low @ 1:47am
SD Big Bay Temperature : : 61.7° | Moon Phase : :  First Quarter
Retrieval Speed : :    crawl       |     slow    |     medium     |   fast

6 Spotted Bass, 2 Calico Bass and 2 Sand Bass {kept one 18" Sand Bass for Dinner}
..…..………………………………………………………………………………..........………....……..…..………………….

Coming out of the starting gate hot with a few hundred birds crashing bait right in front of me. With no other boats around I slide into the chaotic mayhem undetected. I kill the engine and drift off to the side of the birds. I cast into the bait ball and let my swim jig sink deep. It took a few casts to find the bass but once I did it was on for about a half hour. Surface bites almost every cast and I hooked into three nice bass. My good luck ended when the seals heard all the commotion and showed up. Everything shut down real quick and I moved on. The rest of the day was slow but I still got a handful of fish.

..…..……………………………………………………………………………………..............………..…..………………….




















..…..………………………………………………………………………………..........………....……..…..………………….

Fresh Local Caught Sand Bass slow cooked in garlic lemon butter on top of a bed of Spinach layered with a Brown Rice Medley and long cut Asparagus seasoned with sesame seeds
..…..………………………………………………………………………………..........………....……..…..………………….
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment