Sunday, February 16, 2014

Map it, Plot it, Document it

The night before a fishing trip I always check the weather, tide and moon phases. Each month I highlight all the days on the calendar that have good tide swings. I then check what time of day the high peaks and low tide bottoms out. It is always good a few hours before and after those swings. 

Look at the map and plot the best plan of attack for the day. Well on February the 14th a 5.9 high tide was at 8:29am so with a swamped out high tide early I decided to fish pilings and structure because those bass don't care as much about water movement to feed. They are more territorial and a good cast deep into heavy structure will usually be rewarded. I fished the pilings until around 9am and then as the tide switched I move to the middle/front bay and took advantage of the good water movement. I picked away at the bass on the eel grass flats with nice drifts until around noon. Stoked to get 4 nice bass on the Deceiver Curly Tail Grub I just tied earlier this week. You can really see the good action of the flash and feathers in the underwater images.

Experimental Typography: Poplar Wood, Nails, Colored String                                             © swyss 2014
...................................................................................................................................................................











No comments:

Post a Comment