Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Night Creature Hunter

TIDE  |  Moon : : 5.9 high @ 10:46am and a 0.5 low at 5:59pm
Moon Phase : :  Full Moon on the wane

Beer, Bass, Barnacles & Bugs

I have been reading articles and wanting to go night bass fishing for awhile now. I picked up some all black creature baits and black widow Warbaits that Afran recommended to me from Performance tackle. I brought a few lobster hoop nets and dropped them at sunset and while they were soaking we went and hit some bass spots close by our nets. We fished the pilings along a big pier/dock and got a bunch of calico bass. I had one bigger bass wrap me into the pilings and had to fight to get him out. My leader line got shredded from rubbing against the barnacles. All black swimbaits and creature baits worked great. Thanks Afran

Our lobster spot was not super productive but the lobsters we got were big keepers. We ended up with 3 keepers and a handful of stone crabs. James even managed to hook his mesh hat, the damn hook barb was a nightmare to get out. We had super fun night.

3 Spotted Bass, 5 Calico Bass, 3 Lobster and handful of Stone Rock Crabs
{Check out Warbaits Slayer Swim Jigs & Heads along with NetBaits Creature Paca Chunk)


































No comments:

Post a Comment